The most underrated circulatory system in the human body is our Lymphatic System. The lymphatic system can be compared to a freeway. When congested, nothing moves. The same thing can happen in your body. When your lymphatic system's drainage becomes blocked, you cannot eliminate toxic material. Here are some facts about the lymph system:
- The lymphatic system goes all over the body and parallels arteries and veins. The main collections sites are neck, armpits and groin. Lymph from all over the body are filtered through these sites.
- Where there is blood, there is lymph.
- The lymphatic system consists of approximately 600 - 700 lymph nodes (they are like processing centers) that filter the cellular waste products, bacteria and other debris (you’re probably aware of someone who had ‘lymph nodes’ removed in breast cancer or bowel cancer surgery).
- There is 3 to 5 times more lymph fluid than blood in the body.
- The lymphatic system is referred to as the "second circulatory system" and "garbage disposal".
- When the lymph system is blocked or clogged, it creates a condition of stagnation which promotes fatigue and ill health.
- Some of the most common symptoms include lumps, bumps, pain and edema (swelling).
When functioning properly the lymphatic system effectively cleanses the tissues, aids in cellular repair, and eliminates toxins. When this system is blocked, infection-fighting material is prevented from destroying germs and cell-nourishing elements are prevented from reaching our blood. As a result, germs grow, our blood loses needed protein, the immune system falters, and we become defenseless against attacks by viruses, fungi, and bacterium.
As a circulatory system, optimal flow must be maintained within the lymphatic system. Unlike the blood, whose circulation is driven by the pumping of the heart, the lymph does not have its own pump. It is propelled by three means: the movement of muscles, the nerves which create subtle pulsations, and the fluid pressure within the system. Lymph fluid is cleansed by the liver, kidneys, and heart. It eliminates its toxic load through the elimination channels of the body - urine, bowel, skin, and lungs.
What are the causes of lymphatic congestion? They include poor lifestyle such as inactivity and improper diet, infections, injuries, surgery (scar tissue and adhesions), emotional stress states, environmental toxins, hormone imbalance, and the normal aging processes.
Poor lymphatic drainage can contribute to a wide range of dysfunction in the body and lack of vitality. If fluid concentrates in specific areas, it is referred to as edema. If there is impaired function along the entire lymph system, it is referred to as congestion. When edema or congestion is long lasting, blockages can form and cause a backup in the flow of lymphatic fluid.
As a consequence, toxic cellular waste cannot effectively be released from the body and the immune system may not function at its optimum. Visible signs of congestion are weight gain, diminished appearance and premature aging, such as skin breakouts, facial edema, dark circles at/around the eyes, dry, wrinkled or sallow looking skin, spider veins, and cellulite.
The LymphStar Pro is a non-invasive instrument that uses extremely low current and negatively charged light photons to provide compatible frequencies to blocked areas resulting in cells correcting their out-of-balance condition.
Cells have an electromagnetic charge that either helps to bind them together or keeps them apart. Overburdened cells in the lymph system can clump together and bond electrically with water, potentially resulting in chronic inflammation. Lymphatic Drainage using the LymphStar Pro works by helping to rebalance the charge of the cells’ electromagnetic fields and helps separate these cells from each other and their accumulated fluids. This enables the body to rapidly rid itself of inflammation, swelling, abnormal growths, and other lymph blockages.
The Lymphstar Pro is up to eight times faster at relieving edema and congestion than manual therapy alone! This exceptional instrument and corresponding de-congestive therapy technique:
- Improves lymphatic fluid flow and accelerates detoxification of tissues.
- Improves edema, fibrotic conditions, swollen lymph nodes, and healing of injuries and burns.
- Provides a feeling of relaxation, emotional balance, well-being and increased energy.
- Improves and minimize scars and the formation of new scar tissue.
- Works at reducing those stubborn cellulite areas around the hips & thighs.
- Helps obesity by improved lymphatic flow. When congestion is relieved, diet and exercise programs are far more effective.
- Is beneficial to health conscious individuals and athletes for its benefits in disease prevention, anti-aging regimens, greater vitality, performance, and by assisting in detoxification regimens.
- Helps in removing from the body unnatural additives in our food, including steroids that mimic hormones and attach to proteins.
Some conditions reported to have benefited from lymphatic therapy include sciatica, breast conditions, lymph congestions in breast cancer, inflammation, lymphedema, allergy & sinus symptoms, migraines & headaches, hormone imbalance and female conditions such as PMS, digestive and bowel problems, arthritis, post dental procedures, Lyme Disease & other biotoxin illnesses, fibromyalgia, toxicity, chronic pain, chronic edema, chronic illness and fatigue syndromes.
Additionally, fifteen minutes spent in the FIR (Far Infrared) sauna further accelerates the detoxification process. Here the body sweats, releasing loosened and broken up toxins through the pores, further increasing purification, while the simulated fever increases production of disease fighting white blood cells. At times expelled toxins can be seen on the soiled towel.
Disclaimer- This is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replaced a one on one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
LymphStar Pro is an official FDA registered device, registration number: 3005200548
With a prescription, treatment with the LymphStar Pro is reimbursable for certain conditions.